My Big Little Young Woman 10/21/07

Caitlin turned 12 years old on Sunday, October 21st. She graduated from Primary, accomplished her Faith in God Award, and is now in Young Womens. We celebrated her birthday Friday night because her cousin, Addison, had his mission farewell on her birthday.


THE CAKE!!

>I don't usually add a picture of the cake because, frankly, mine just aren't that great! But this one has a story. She wanted the cake that my sister-in-law, Jennifer, makes--it's kind-of like strawberry shortcake. I've only made it once before, and apparently it's been too long. If you look closely you can see the topping dripping onto the broiler pan I'm holding beneath it. I couldn't make it to the living room with the cake, so she came running into the dining room to blow out the candles. It was a mess...but very good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was ready to come and lick the frosting that is falling.....here I come!

Wendy in Alaska

Martie said...

Happy birthday, Caitlin!

Garrett Gang said...

Wendy - when ARE you coming South again??

Martie- Caitlin says, "THANKS!" :)