Saturday at the Church 3/22/08

We arrived at the church at 8:30am to hide eggs for the Ward Easter Egg Hunt and Pancake Breakfast, which the Rogers & Co. did a great job with!

When it was over at 11:00, the kids were anxious for Stake Sports Day (which was from 12:00-5:00pm), and wanted to stay and play basketball. I agreed to let them, thinking, "Wear yourselves out! We'll play before it begins, and can leave by 1:00!" So I joined-in and played with them until about that time. We ate the lunch they provided, and I was ready to go... HaHa, yeah right! They were just getting started!! I wound-up playing volleyball, and I FINALLY convinced them to leave at 4:00!

We got in the car, and no one would shut the door--they were all too tired! We even had some tears!! So I backed-out fast & hit the brakes to shut it!! How pathetic is that?!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You have to do whatever works. I am glad that they finally got tired after what 8 hours of solid playing. Kids I do not know where they get there energy. I would like a little bit back.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

This is so typical of kids! Looks like they had fun. At least they weren't spuds that day.

Did you guys ever go to that KOA campground/waterpark in GF when you lived there?

Garrett Gang said...

No, Wendy, we never did! My friend told me about it & I had wanted to go camp there for an overnighter. ~Never did it! Did you?