Mommy Rewards 5/17/08

The music teacher in our school, Mr. Morris, is awesome. The kids love him & he is great at what he does. This was his first year here & we noticed that he doesn't play the piano, as our previous teacher did. He used CDs at the Christmas Program, so my kids offered-up my help.

He contacted me about a week ago & asked if I would accompany the children for their Spring Program. He is actually the music teacher at 3 schools, & I agreed to do all 3. They are singing some fun songs: ABC (by the Jackson 5), Put a Little Love in Your Heart/Love Train (from the 1970's), R-E-S-P-E-C-T (by Aretha Franklin), Imagine (by John Lennon), & The Circle of Life (from Lion King). I was very stressed in the beginning because of the changes with Reid's job, but it has turned-out to be such a fun reward!

I discovered that after only 1 year living here I know kids at each school, through church and sports, and all of the children are so fun to work with. They will come give me hugs, or tell me that I'm pretty. They say, "Hey, she's my Team Mom!" or "Mr. Morris, I KNOW her!" or "You're Ethan's mom!" Everywhere I go there are children I don't even know who will come up & say, "HI, MRS. GARRETT!"

One boy that plays with my kids even said, "Austin, you have the coolest mom ever! She's a lot nicer than MY mom!" Although I doubt that is true, it was rewarding to have Austin tell me that with a hug and say, "I told him, 'I know. She IS the coolest mom, huh!'"

Who says stay-at-home moms don't get paid?!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I agree with those kids you are the COOLEST mom!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, you are the coolest by far! Do the kids realize what a great sense of humor their mom has, too? Darci, your blog posts crack me up!! :)